Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Twaalf


Today was one of those rare days that I got to go to the Hinckley building! Whuhoo! There was a lecture here tonight that counts for extra credit in my history class which I will probably end up needing very badly (if I don't need it already), so I went. The topic? "Geostrategic Challenges Facing the United States" given by Dr. Zbigniew Brzezinski. Yeah, seriously. How in the world I'm going to write a page single-spaced about it, I have no clue. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

But it was actually really interesting, I'm glad I went! It made me really aware of some of the issues that we're having in the US that I had no idea were going on. Out there, right NOW these international relations and issues are taking place, and I was totally oblivious to them. I loved what Dr. Brezinski said that our generation is going to have to live with the political decisions that people are making. It's so true. You'd think we'd be more concerned with things we're going to have to deal with later on in life. Is there any hope for the government? Or America??
It's not completely hopeless...is it?


That and this has become an all-too-present picture in my life.
Studying in the Memorial Hall until 11pm every night. YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment