Monday, January 11, 2010

Once!


Luckily this semester I have the extreme blessing of being in History 202 with Dr. Skabelund. The more I attend lecture, the more I like him! I especially appreciate this book that is on our "to read" list this block. I'm only 50ish pages in, but every time I pick it up, I find it so difficult to put down! The story is really intriguing, and while reading I constantly ask myself, "Would I have that kind of faith? Would I stand up for Christ, no matter the consequence?" I'd like to say, "YES! OF COURSE!" But I have a small (but growing) pain tolerance. Torture? I don't know if I'd have the strength. I'd pray to God that I'd be able to, of course. Or maybe I'd pray to die so quickly that I wouldn't have those words, "I don't believe" escape my lips. The thought of it makes me shiver. That is a shame I don't think I could ever live down. I absolutely have a firm testimony that Jesus Christ is the Savior of all man-kind, including myself. So every time I read this book I vow to myself to have a stronger, more impenetrable testimony of the Savior. Who would have known History 202 would be such a life-impacting class!

Needless to say, if you have the time, it would be WISELY spent on this book.

love -suzi-

No comments:

Post a Comment